Webinars to watch this winter
25 June 2020
Got some spare time? Kick back and catch up on MLA’s recent Productivity and Profitability webinars, where livestock experts provide practical strategies for managing seasonal challenges.
Managing bloat in cattle
Dr Bruce Allworth of Charles Sturt University discusses the options to manage bloat in cattle.
- What is bloat and why does it occur?
- What are the most cost-effective management options?
The effects of temperatures on pasture production
Dr Jim Virgona of Graminus Consulting looks at the effects of cold temperatures on pasture production.
Jim delves into:
- When is cold temperature the limiting factor?
- How does temperature impact nitrogen response?
- How does temperature impact plant production in different perennial species?
Your one-stop winter cleaning agronomy panel
It’s time to clean out those pesky annuals from your perennial grass pastures. Before you get the spray gear out, listen to Jim Virgona of Graminus Consulting and Tim Prance of T Prance Rural Consulting as they answer important agronomy questions related to winter cleaning.
Infectious diseases causing abortion in sheep
Paul Nilon from Nilon Farm Health drills down into the different causes, impacts and treatments of infections causing abortions in sheep.
- Identifying if there is a problem
- Campylobacter, toxoplasmosis and listeriosis – what is expected and what can we do about them?
- Other causes of abortions