The new Feedback podcast from Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) features stories, news, information and interviews. This includes everything from red meat producers to policy makers and celebrity chefs to scientists.
The podcast – which also contains a snapshot of news from MLA – is for anyone who has a keen interest in the red meat and livestock industry.
Listen along at home, in the paddock, while checking fences or driving the tractor.
In this episode Jason Strong explains what MLA’s newly-released Strategic Plan 2020-25 means for red meat producers; we talk to Merimbula cattle producer, Deb Gray who is one of almost 100 fire-affected producers who have accessed support through MLA’s Back to Business Program; MLA Market Insights Manager, Tim Ryan, dissects the trade outlook for the second half of 2020; Central Queensland beef producer, Melinee Leather explains how MSA feedback informs her on-farm decisions; and Integrity Systems Company, Integrity Program Manager, Damon Holmes gives us the rundown on what to expect from changes to National Vendor Declarations, which come into effect from next month.
- Follow this link for more information on MLA’s Strategic Plan 2020-25
- MLA has developed a new, dedicated resource to help northern beef producers identify and combat phosphorus deficiency in their herds. Find it at mla.com.au/phosphorus
- For more information on MLA’s Back to Business program, head to mla.com.au/bushfire-recovery
- Since their suspension in early March due to COVID-19 MLA’s, full suite of national market reports, including cattle and sheep indicators are now back up and running. Visit mla.com.au/prices-markets for more.
- Become an MSA-registered producer or find out more about the myMSA platform at mla.com.au/msa
- For more information on upcoming changes to National Vendor Declarations, visit integritysystems.com.au
- Find Susan’s Warriors Mongolian Lamb and many more secret recipes at www.australianlamb.com.au/sharethesecretrecipe
In episode 1, hear from gold medal winning Australian Paralympian and beef ambassador, Temora’s Scott Reardon, and catch up with MLA Managing Director, Jason Strong for an in-depth interview on how industry is responding to the challenges from COVID-19.
We also get help for producers impacted by bushfires, some red meat cooking tips from MLA sponsored celebrity chef Hayden Quinn, and Victorian producer Fiona Conroy walks us through the making of her family’s carbon neutral farm.
- Find out more information on the carbon foot print calculation methods used at Knewleave Partnership
- In response to the constantly changing COVID-19 pandemic, MLA has compiled a comprehensive list of resources. Visit mla.com.au/covid-19 for the most up-to-date information
- Many industry events have been cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit MLA Events calendar to stay up to date
- For producers recovering from bushfires, find out more about MLA’s one-on-one mentoring Back to Business
- Funding applications are now open for beef and sheepmeat producer groups interested in running local projects to validate the on-farm benefits of R&D. Find out more information and to apply.