Frequently asked questions
1. Too many results are being shown or I get reports that do not seem to relate to my search keywords. How do I select what I want?
If using multiple keywords, add quotes before and after to get a more exact match e.g. “progeny testing” instead of progeny testing.
If searching for a specific detailed PDF report, select a publication date range.
Use the 'Search by topic' to restrict the search to specific topic areas.
2. I can’t find the summary or report under the expected topic or the topic for the project is incorrect.
Some R&D may cross more than one topic. However, if the topic has been wrongly allocated, email MLA at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. No contracts are shown against the R&D summary.
Contract information is only available for R&D active or commenced as of 2006.
4. No detailed R&D report is shown against the R&D summary, or not all contracts under a summary have detailed R&D reports.
Detailed reports (in a PDF format) may not be available in some cases for a summary and its associated contracts. This may be because:
- The project was terminated before a detailed final R&D report was available.
- A detailed final R&D report may not be appropriate or required (e.g. committee meetings, extension or communication activities, R&D support costs).
5. How soon after an R&D project is completed will a summary or detailed report be available?
MLA endeavours to upload a summary as well as a detailed report (if applicable) as soon as possible after project completion. However, reports may need formatting and publishing approval from stakeholders and service providers. This may take up to several weeks.
6. The detailed reports are stored in an Adobe PDF format. What software do I need to read these?
You will require Adobe Reader to download and read these files. Download the free reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/ . It is recommended that you do not take the option to install Google Chrome or the Google Toolbar as part of this download.