MLA invites applications for producer event sponsorships
24 September 2018
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) is calling on those with grassroots, producer events in the first half of 2019 to submit an application as part of its second-round sponsorship process.
MLA’s sponsorship program provides financial and in-kind support for industry events that increase awareness and adoption of business-enhancing research, development and marketing.
Second-round MLA event sponsorship opportunities include applications for up to $10,000 and in-kind sponsorships for events held between 1 January – 30 June 2019.
Any group or organisation whose event meets the criteria (below) is encouraged to apply for MLA event sponsorship. Applications for second-round MLA sponsorships close Friday, 12 October 2018.
MLA recognises the value in supporting local events and is committed to supporting groups which take the initiative to engage and inform producers – and work with MLA to foster the long-term prosperity of the Australian red meat & livestock industry.
While all events that bring benefit to red meat producers are considered, priority is given to those related to livestock production that build awareness of research and development (R&D) and the adoption of new tools, technologies and practices.
In the last six months, MLA has supported over 40 events including the Australian Sheep & Wool Show, East Gippsland Beef Conference, Growing SA, and the Australian Women in Agriculture AGM & Conference.
To be considered for sponsorship, events must meet the following criteria:
- Align with the priorities of MLA’s Strategic Plan
- Target commercial red meat producers to increase the productivity, sustainability and profitability of their business
- Include agreed measures of success such as number of attendees, satisfaction and usefulness scores
- Provide follow-up opportunities post-event to further enhance the information delivered
- MLA to be acknowledged and recognised as a sponsor of the event
- MLA logo to appear on all event promotional material and publications (website and print advertising) in accordance with MLA’s brand guidelines
- Allow for a MLA banner to be displayed at the event
- Opportunity to have a trade stand at the event, where appropriate
- Opportunity to have a MLA staff member speak at the event
- Post Event Report to be supplied to MLA within one month after your event.
For more information on MLA’s event sponsorship and to apply, please visit www.mla.com.au/news-and-events/events-and-workshops/request-mla-sponsorship/