Waste management and utilisation
The beef feedlot industry has expanded greatly over the last two decades as the demand for high quality beef has increased in both local and export markets.
At the same time, industry and the public have become more conscious of animal welfare, the environment and workplace health and safety.
This manual deals with the management of the main wastes of the feedlot, namely manure and effluent.
This manual is comprised of five sections describing best-practice guidelines for waste management.
- 1. Solid wastes
- 2. Solid waste storage and processing
- 3. Management of odour, dust and flies
- 4. Liquid wastes
- 5. Utilisation of manure, compost and effluent
- 1. Standard operating procedures for waste management and utilisation
- 2. Managing human exposure to contaminants
- 3. Duty of care: waste utilisation
- 4. Manure valuation pro forma
- 5. Advances in waste treatment
- 6. NFAS Manual sample elements
Click here to download the full manual [10.4MB download]
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?