Annual General Meeting
Meat & Livestock Australia's 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at Hotel Realm, 18 National Circuit, Canberra, ACT on 21 November 2018.
What is an AGM?
An AGM is a meeting of the members of a company. It must be held at least once in each calendar year, within five months of the end of the company’s financial year.
What is the business of an AGM?
The 2018 business for MLA’s AGM is set out in the 2018 Notice of Meeting. The business to be considered includes:
- Item 1 - the consideration of the annual Financial Report, Directors’ Report, Auditor’s Report and any resolutions
- Item 2 - the election of two director candidates. The Chair of the meeting intends to vote undirected proxies in favour of Items 2(a) and (b).
- Item 3 - the election of one cattle producer nominee to the MLA Selection Committee. The Chair of the meeting will take advice from Cattle Council of Australia as the prescribed peak representative body for the grassfed sector in order to determine how to vote undirected proxies for Item 3
- Item 4 - questions or comments from members about the management of the company.
Voting papers have been sent out to members. If you can’t attend the AGM or want to vote before the day submit your vote online at www.computershare.com.au/mlavoting
Who can attend MLA’s AGM?
MLA’s AGM can be attended by:
- MLA members
- any proxy, attorney or representative appointed by an MLA member
- other persons permitted by MLA.
This year’s AGM will be held on Wednesday 21 November 2018 in Canberra. It forms an important part of MLA’s Red Meat 2018 event, which also includes farm tours, forums and a tradeshow. You can find all the details at redmeat.mla.com.au
To register for the MLA AGM, you will need to present your membership card or your voting entitlement and proxy form at the registration table before the AGM commences at 3.30pm. Please note, the business of each year’s AGM is sent out in the Notice of Meeting in October.
Find out more
- Policies and processes to encourage participation at meetings
- Find out more about voting entitlements
- About your levy
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?