MSA Excellence in Eating Quality Series
Beef producers who consistently deliver superior eating quality beef are recognised through the biennial Meat Standards Australia (MSA) Excellence in Eating Quality (EEQ) series.
Hosted by Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA), awards are announced at an event in six states across the country. Each event features an interactive forum centred around a key theme, followed by the Awards ceremony. Awards are announced in each state for the following categories:
- Most Outstanding MSA Beef Producer - Feedlot
- Most Outstanding MSA Beef Producer – Band 1 (for producers of larger (non-feedlot) MSA consignment volumes)
- Most Outstanding MSA Beef Producer – Band 2 (for producers of smaller (non-feedlot) MSA consignment volumes)
- MSA Excellence in Eating Quality Progress Award (for showing the greatest improvement in their MSA results since the last Awards series, regardless of feed type)
- Champion MSA Index Carcase (for the highest scoring MSA Index for a carcase in each state)
2021 EEQ series
Registration for the 2021 EEQ events series is now open. These events will be going ahead in March 2022. To register for each event, please visit the links below:
|Tuesday 1 March 2022||The Cube Wodonga, 118 Hovell St, Wodonga VIC||Program - VIC||VIC Registration|
|Friday 4 March 2022||The Tramsheds Function Centre, 4 Invermay Road, Invermay, TAS||Program - TAS||TAS Registration|
|Tuesday 8 March 2022||Armidale City Bowling Club, 92 Dumaresq Street, Armidale NSW||Program - NSW||NSW Registration|
|Thursday 10 March 2022||Roma Explorers Inn Function Centre, 44778 Warrego Highway Roma QLD||Program - QLD||QLD Registration|
|Tuesday 15 March 2022||Robe Football Club Inc., 16 O’Halloran Street, Robe SA||Program - SA||SA Registration|
|Thursday 17 March 2022||Bunbury Entertainment Centre, 2 Blair Street, Bunbury, WA||Program - WA||WA Registration|
This series theme is ‘growing and grading the greatest meat on earth’. Each event will feature presenters from MLA’s leadership team and industry, who will speak on how to maximise value using the MSA program, before recognising our top‑performing MSA producers for the 2019‑20 and 2020‑21 financial years at the awards ceremony.
The criteria for the awards include outstanding compliance rates to MSA specifications, as well as high eating quality performance as represented by the MSA Index results for MSA graded cattle during the 2019-20 and 2020-21 financial years.
2019 EEQ series
The theme of the 2019 series was ‘consumer trends driving on-farm change’.
Read more about the 2019 winners: