V.MFS.0334 - Technical advisor to the food safety program
|Project start date:||15 March 2015|
|Project end date:||20 June 2016|
|Publication date:||20 June 2016|
|Livestock species:||Sheep, Goat, Lamb, Grassfed cattle, Grainfed cattle|
The purpose of technical advisors was to provide technical support for individual projects, to assist the MLA food safety program manager, prepare reports and discussion papers when required.
In general the technical advisors provided advice and support to MLA on the technical aspects of the food safety research and development program, through:
- providing technical support for individual projects within the food safety research and development program as required
- assistance in the communication between MLA and the scientific risk management panel members, through membership of the panel and maintaining risk profiles
- preparing scientific papers, reports and discussion papers on specific technical issues
- assisted MLA to remain at the forefront of scientific knowledge and technological developments in the area of food safety, regulation, consumer concerns and industry implementation strategies, by providing regular updates to MLA in the form of reports or via other means
assisted in consolidating relationships with relevant national and international industry and government bodies
- attended meetings and give presentations to industry and scientific groups, as required
- provided technical support to meat industry participants including peak councils, plant personnel and industry committees.