Successful grazing businesses make sustained profits by growing and converting pasture, and conserved feed, into livestock products that consistently meet market specifications.
Grazing management plays a pivotal role in this process to ensure:
- pasture growth is optimised
- pasture composition is maintained in a desirable state
- pasture is utilised, not wasted
- livestock performance meets established growth pathways
- resources are managed within environmental constraints and guidelines
More information about different grazing management systems can be found on the EverGraze website and definitions of grazing terms are available.
The Stocktake+ app allows you to:
- record stock number across paddocks
- record grazing land condition of sites within paddocks
- record rainfall measurements
Manuals and guides
- More Beef from Pastures - Pasture utilisation
- Making More from Sheep - Turn pasture into product
- Tips&Tools: Getting the best out of set stocking
- Tips&Tools: Getting started in simple time based rotational grazing
- Tips&Tools: Intensive rotational grazing systems
- Tips&Tools: Grazing management for productive native pastures
From the paddock
Read about other producers and their grazing strategies.
I want to....
Develop a feed budget