Carbon EDGE | Coonawarra, SA
27 Feb 2024 08:30AM - 28 Feb 2024 05:00PM
Location: Coonawarra, SA
Producer price: $275
Service provider price: $824
Carbon EDGE pilot
Carbon EDGE is a new training program for the red meat industry. Understand the opportunities for emissions reduction and carbon storage in your livestock grazing business.
Use your own information to develop an action plan for your business.
Presenters: Sarah Barret (Pinion Advisory) and Chris Wyhoon (Campfire Agri)
Attending this workshop will help you learn:
- key terminology and concepts relating to greenhouse gases (GHG) within the red meat industry
- in-depth information on the practices to reduce and sequester GHG within a livestock grazing business
- weighing up opportunities and risks associated with generating carbon credits and how they can be used to benefit livestock businesses
- understanding carbon neutrality and how it aligns to your business goals
- developing a carbon action plan that incorporates practical, achievable strategies to meet your objectives.
You will learn through group-based activities and tools, applying new information to your own context with snapshot the support of an expert deliverer. Every workshop will include case studies and examples for participants to learn from.
Who is the Carbon EDGE program for?
The program is for red meat producers who are looking to build on their understanding of carbon. The program will help participants move into a planning and action phase, identifying practices and technologies that could be incorporated into their business to benefit their bottom line and the environment. It is also suitable for advisors and other service providers looking to enhance their understanding of the current operating environment.
The design of the Carbon EDGE workshops recognises that everyone will be at a different starting point when it comes to carbon. However, it is highly recommended that participants complete pre-work before attending to get the best out of the program. This includes the eLearning modules available on MLA’s Toolbox and a carbon account. Your workshop deliverer will be in touch to guide you through this process.